Friday, February 6, 2009

Birthday and Temple Trip

I took my girls through the Draper Temple last last Friday. Loved it. It is a very beautiful temple with beautiful murals. It is very different then any other temple I have been in.We are so lucky to have all these temples so close to visit as often as we like. If you get the chance to go through this temple, go. Its awesome. Before you go through it, you meet at a church and watch a short video about temples and the city of Draper. In the video they showed a picture of my great-great-great-(not sure how many greats)grandparents. They settled the city of Draper. It was kind of cool to see that. I recognized the pictures from my mothers books she has. I then got to go with our youth last Wednesday. Lots of fun. I loved seeing there faces when they saw how beautiful it was inside. The girls loved the brides room and celestial room. They said the brides room makes them feel like a princess, which of course they are.

This is a shot before we left. They are a fun group, and Kate and I at the reception they have after you exit the temple. It was cool. They have lots of cookies and drinks for everyone and beautiful displays of temples and other church things. You should go if you haven't already!!!


It was Skyler's birthday last Sunday. Can't believe he is 22. We had a family party for him on Monday. He kept saying how birthdays aren't as fun when you get older. Funny huh? The Fiso's came over and we had his favorite meal. (which are very few) and after the Fiso's left I realized I forgot to take pictures so we took some after. It was like torturing him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I love the picture with Skyler and his sista's, and the one with you and Kate is very sweet. I was just thinking this morning how comfortable it is at your house, we sure enjoy being there for the birthdays. That is so cool about the temple and our ancestors. I'm glad you mentioned it so I will make sure and pay attention when we go.

Joy said...

I want to go!!! I looked at the schedule and it looks like the only available times are during school, so I'll have to figure a day.
You have a 22 year old. You're old! Let's see, you could have a 29 year old! Bah, ha, ha!!!
Love your pictures!

Russ and Jamie said...

I did'nt know you had a blog!!!! I found it through Brandi's. I love to blog, I will send you an invite to mine! The temple was awesome!!Love ya!
Jamie Loveless

william said...

Those are awesome pics Candy. I need to get another blog lesson from Joy so I can post pics in the same layout.Read Joy's comment, That is weird, a 22 yr old wowwwww. Thanks for being such a great sis in law!